Monday 17 October 2011

A fab crafty day!

Evening all, just a quick post tonight to share what I've been up to today!! It was the '12th Special Edition Day' run by our local craft shop (Japonica) here in Exmouth. It's a whole day of crafting with 4 workshops and a lovely lunch included. Workshops were run by Janet Caudrelier (Japonica), Vera Moore, Jane Gill and Francoise Read. It's held twice a year and myself, fellow crafting mate Sue and my future mum-in-law Susan always make sure we get a place!

Here's my efforts from all four workshops today.....






.....and in more detail.....


The first workshop with Vera Moore had us all making this lovely stepper card with acetate and a cute Wild Rose Studio image.





The next workshop was run by Jan Caudrelier and we made this fab 'Christmas Rose Blockart' using lovely papers and stamped background to cover a wooden block, the lovely Christmas Rose is made using modelling film. The piece was highlighted with touches of embossing powder and embellished with lovely gems. (My fave make of the day!!) This will look lovely on the fireplace in our dining room at Christmas!


















After lunch it was Jane Gill's workshop where we made this lovely poppy card. Not one of my favourites to make as far too much phaffing around with tiddly bits of paper for my liking but well worth the hard work for the lovely end result!


My final workshop of the day was with Francoise Read and we made this lovely 'Dove of Peace' card. It was made using paper-piecing and the final results were lovely. So many finishing details added to this card and is my second fave make of the day! Very unusual colours but stunning finish!

Well that's it for now.....have a million and one ideas for crafty projects now.......

'til next time, Sharon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog and leave a comment, it is very much appreciated x :o)