Wednesday 4 April 2012

More grungey glitz than shabby chic.......



Evening all,

Blogging in daylight? Whatever next.....!!

Today's post is a card I have made to enter into the Woodware Sketch Challenge for April through my local craft shop, Japonica, here in Exmouth, Devon

Here's the sketch...

.....and here's my interpretation.....


 a close-up of the lovely Grasses stamp image......



This sketch took me a little outside of my comfort zone.....I had to go large to fit the stamped image in with my idea!!! A whole 8 by 8 inches!!  My usual cards are 5x5 or 6x6 so I suddenly had all this space to play with whilst keeping the sketch in mind.....
I used the Grasses stamp set from Woodware - the main image above the ribbon stamped 3 times in a row and the trailing leaves repeatedly stamped below the ribbon to make a background paper. I smudged (technical term!) Niagara Mist chalk ink over the whole background and then tore and scuffed up the edges before matting onto kraft card . The pink layers were cut with Spellbinders Labels 17 and torn in half, a sentiment (not Woodware) was stamped onto the bottom half and the main image stamped onto the other half to correspond with the background. This was then layered up on foam to give dimension. Glitter was added to the grasses for a bit of glitz and the seed heads were glazed to give a bit more dimension. A pretty bow and hat pins were added to complete the look.


Thanks for looking x

3 comments:

  1. I think that your card is great Sharon, I have added a link to here from the Woodware Blog. Thank you for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorothy, I'm looking forward to next months challenge already!!

      Delete
  2. This is stunning Sharon, I love the distressed edges, i really will have to be braver with mine, they look so good.
    Love the take on the sketch. Funnily enough this was the stamp that I was planning on using so I will have to think again I guess lol.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog and leave a comment, it is very much appreciated x :o)