Friday 4 May 2012

A pretty wallhanging

Woo hoo ...two posts in one night!!

Here's a little wallhanging I made for my friend Sue's birthday. I made one for myself previously and liked it so much I thought I'd make one in different colours for her.



I've used Studio 490 Art Part leaves and frames, the frame has been painted with a pale aqua acrylic paint and the leaves with an avocado colour. I've then overstamped the leaved using peeled paint distress inks and a script stamp. The sentiment is from a set by the fab Tim Holtz, I've also used his tattered florals die to cut out the flower shapes which I have inked with antique linen distress ink and layered up to make a dimensional rose.....I've then sprayed this with a gold mica spray but that doesn't really show up in the pic. An ideology book ring attached to the back makes the perfect hanging loop.

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

Color Throwdown - colour palette
Crafting for all Seasons - handmade flower
Paper Pretties - flowers

Thanks for looking x

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVE the big bloom--and a fabulous quote! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely gift! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is gorgeous...I adore the flower...have a super weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog and leave a comment, it is very much appreciated x :o)