Tuesday 28 August 2012

Mermaid Tilda shaker card

Hi

I'm back again, this time with a birthday card made for my eldest daughter's fourth birthday at the weekend......can't believe she'll be 4 already and starting school in 2 weeks - where has the time gone?

I thoroughly enjoyed making this card. I got quite carried away with embellishing and didn't want to stop adding bits!!



My daughter, Lily, has decided she wants to be a mermaid when she grows up (!) and so I had to use my favourite Tilda mermaid stamp for her card! I decided to make a shaker card and used the fab Marianne die to make the frame and cut out the aperture. I used shaved ice glitter behind acetate to hopefully look like a sparkly sea background!

The shells and starfish were cut from funky foam and coloured with distress inks - I love these little dies and think they look quite realistic!

Recipe

Aqua linen cardstock
Glitter card
White card
Acetate
Funky foam 
Marianne dies - Anja's quadrate set, Sea shells
Whimsy mini ticket die
Tilda mermaid stamp coloured with ProMarkers
Stampendous shaved ice
Tim Holtz memo pin
Cuttlebug number die
Antique Linen distress ink
Pearls

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Lovely Hanglar or Sweet Magnolia - Challenge 50 Your favourite image
The Cutie Pie Challenge - Borders and frames
Dies to Die for - Anything goes



Thanks for looking.......off now to make the next card! 2 down 3 to go! x


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your daughter, they grow up far too quickly dont they, I have my son just starting secondary school, just cant believe it!!

    Anyway, Sharon this is gorgeous! Love the Tilda mermaid and the shells look fab. thank you for joining in with the cutie pies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Dies to Die For challenge this month

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog and leave a comment, it is very much appreciated x :o)