Monday 17 September 2012

Design Team Debut!

Hiya

It's finally official so I'm allowed to say what I've been so excited about over the past few weeks! I've become a member of the Design Team for Crafty Cardmakers Challenge Blog, I'm so excited and honoured to have been offered a place on the team and can't wait to get involved!

Our Challenge this fortnight, hosted by our leader Lin, is Stitching and Lace. We would like to see some stitching, either hand, machine or faux on your project as WELL as some lace, real not faux. There is an added twist of using a sewing related image or stamp, if you have one, but it is not a requirement.
 
Here's my creation, it's a cover for the diary I have bought to keep track of craft challenges and cards to be made:


 


I've had this project in mind for a while now and as it fitted the challenge theme perfectly I had to make it! I've used swirly grungeboard for the cover which I have coloured using Peacock Feathers distress ink. I've handstitched it together using a strong cream coloured thread. A stamped sentiment (a recent freebie with a magazine) was placed behind the bookplate along with some cream cotton lace. An Idea-ology Hitch Fastener keeps the book closed and I have made a couple of page-markers using cotton thread and some Philosophy Tags. Love Tim Holtz products!!!

Now head on over to the challenge blog to see the fab creations of my fellow teamies and why not have a go yourself?

Thanks for taking the time to look, I'll be back again soon x

12 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon,lovely to have you as a team mate at CCM. Love your project, the diary cover looks fantastic.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Sharon and welcome to the team. What a clever project and oh my the grungeboard looks like leather !beautifully coloured and love the name plate

    marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon - what a great idea! I love the cover and am beyond impressed that you devised it from grungeboard! I am looking forward to seeing what other projects you come up with - welcome to the gang at Crafty Cardmakers!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon, this is just wonderful!!! LOVE the turquoise--and the stitching and lace look amazing! So excited to work with you at CCM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful! What an amazing project you have created. Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the team. Brilliant idea - and it looks fantastic - love the bookplate. How easy was it to stitch the grungeboard? Cxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carole, thanks for your comment - erm stitching the grungeboard was a little hard...i broke 4 needles!! In the end I found it easier to make the holes first with the needle and a pair of pliers before stitching it with the thread. I think a leather stitching needle would have been the best to use but I couldn't wait to get one and made do with a darning needle (or 4!!) I'm so excited about being part of the team so thank you for having me. x

      Delete
  7. What a brilliant creation. The grungeboard looks amazing. I have to say Peacock Feathers is one of my favourite DI's and the way you've used the tags as bookmarks is a great idea (one of many, obviously). Welcome to the team too.

    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Sharon, I knew there was a reason we wanted you at CCM!!! Gorgeous project. Love that bookplate on the front and the colour is superb. Great idea too

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this and WANT it sooooooo much! I adore the colour, in fact I adore everything about it. I'm a newbie on the team too so I look forward to seeing more creations like this!

    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sharon, this is stunning! Love the colour, love the bookplate, love the lace - can you tell I like it! So happy to be working alongside you at CCM. Suze x

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fab! Love it. looking forward to working with you over at CCM. Hugs Eva xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog and leave a comment, it is very much appreciated x :o)